Kengaku Nikki-Part 1- Tokyo 1st Night-

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Note: Due to the nature of blog postings, you will have to scroll down to read the earlier parts of the story.



6_SingPolyFriends

Me and my SingPoly-Digital Creative Media friends.I'm the one in black on the right.

We arrived at Tokyo and headed straight for a Korean BBQ dinner at a restaurant in Ginza. Oh yeah, so it seemed a little disconcerting for me that on the first night in Japan, we had Korean food but we were all so hungry that it didn't bother us a bit. My friends from SingPoly college, turned out to be budding, aspiring computer graphics (CG) programmers, 3D animators/modellers, character designers; who are also aficionados of all things Japanese including anime and manga! Really a cool bunch!



10_MyRoom

It's smaller than it looks.

My room at the Shinjuku, Washington hotel. Small and comfy for one person and the bed is mine, ALL MINE! >_<





15_CoffeeCorner

My little coffee set-up. I'm quite proud of it lol

I was warned that unlike the hotels here in Malaysia, Japanese hotels generally do not provide instant coffee in the hotel rooms. Being a coffee person, it was essential for me to bring the entire packet of Indocafe 3-in-1 instant coffee (some recommended Ipoh Kemaman) to ensure my survival for the next 5 early mornings here.




14_Otearai

The Kawaii Otearai

No doubt, what I thought was the coolest feature in the whole hotel room was the toilet facilities. Compact, fully equipped and just enough room for a small, single person like myself. It also came with the famous only-in-Japan, sophisticated Japanese toilet seat complete with butt rinsing features.

The bath tub was somewhat square in shape and deep, specially designed with the o-furo, (Japaense style-bath) in mind for the locals.

 
Junior Manga Challenge 2008! - by Templates para novo blogger